Seeking treatment by entering rehab is the first crucial step on your road to recovery. Feeling scared and anxious during this pivotal moment is normal because it’s new and out of your comfort zone. But don’t worry; we are here every step of the way to guide you.
If you’re considering treatment for substance abuse, you probably have many concerns and questions regarding a rehabilitation facility and what it offers. So, head on below to view our FAQs.
What is a rehab center?
Rehab refers to a process of treating and rehabilitating a person who has acquired a dependency on harmful substances, such as drugs, alcohol, and prescription drugs.
Rehab centers, including our rehab center in San Fernando Valley, have a series of diverse treatment programs designed to help a person overcome addiction safely and effectively. The programs also aim to provide you with the right tools you need to lead a healthy and normal life again.
Ultimately, the primary goal of rehab is not limited to sobriety alone. It aims to help you heal from your emotional wounds and all the pain you may have been trying to bury through substance use. It renews your thoughts and perspective to give you a new purpose and meaning in life.
When should I seek help at a rehab center in San Fernando Valley?
Knowing when it’s time to seek help through rehab can be tricky and challenging. It’s hard to see for yourself whether or not your substance abuse is severe enough to require rehab.
But the fact that you’re already thinking about getting professional help means that you most likely need it now. Some other telltale signs to watch out for include the following:
- Alcohol or drugs has become your number one priority. You may start to neglect your hobbies, work, school, family, and relationships to prioritize your substance use.
- Your physical and mental health is drastically suffering.
- You lack control and ALWAYS have a strong urge to use drugs or drink alcohol.
- You need to consume excessive drugs or alcohol to feel its effects.
- Substance addiction is causing problems in every aspect of your life.
If you or a loved one currently experiences these problems, then you can definitely benefit from entering an inpatient detox in San Fernando Valley.
What happens at a rehab facility?
Drug and alcohol rehab facilities, including our rehab facility in San Fernando Valley, provide professional help for people suffering from substance addiction. This involves giving medical and psychological care while isolating a patient from drug or alcohol use using a structured treatment plan.
Each rehabilitation facility may offer different programs and follow different approaches depending on the patient’s needs. But most have the same treatment structure. Here’s what you can expect on your first rehab visit and the different programs you may encounter:
- Initial consultation and evaluation
- Full physical and psychological assessment
- An individualized treatment plan may include detox, guided abstinence from drugs or alcohol, therapy sessions, relapse planning, skills development, and more.
A counselor will re-evaluate your overall health to see if you’re ready to continue recovery and sobriety on your own. They will then discharge you while still providing aftercare to help you reintegrate back into the community with ease.
How long does rehab treatment last?
Generally, treatment and recovery from substance abuse may last for 30 to 90 days, while rehabilitation may take years. However, it will still depend on the patient’s progress and commitment to their recovery.
How to prepare for my stay in a rehab center in San Fernando Valley?
The idea of entering alcohol or drug rehab can make you feel anxious and terrified. But you can lessen these scary thoughts by adequately preparing for rehab. Here are some tips on what you can do before you start your rehabilitation journey.
Inform your family and loved ones.
It will be hard to tell your family and friends about your choice to go to rehab. However, you should let them know about it so you can make temporary arrangements to ensure your loved ones are being taken care of.
Take care of your work responsibilities.
Let your employer know about your upcoming rehab stay so they can prepare for your absence for the next 30 days or so.
Settle financial obligations.
Pack for the essentials.
Bring only what you need, such as comfortable clothes, IDs, cards, hygiene and grooming items, laundry supplies, and prescription medication. You can also bring a few things that remind you of home, such as a family photo, a journal, or a favorite book.
Preparing for your rehab stay allows you to make the most out of your treatment without being bogged down by distractions from the outside world. Once you’re all set, you can now call one of the best rehab centers in San Fernando Valley一NorthStar Detox and Rehab Center.
What does a normal day look like inside a rehab facility?
An inpatient rehabilitation center follows a structured treatment program that will allow patients to focus on their wellness and sobriety. Each individual or group activity will be supervised by a trained counselor, psychologist, therapist, and other healthcare professionals.
Additionally, rehab facilities follow a strict schedule plan to help patients become productive and slowly build healthy habits to replace old ones. Here’s what a typical day is like in our inpatient alcohol or drug rehab in San Fernando Valley:
- Morning: an early breakfast, exercise and meditation, a small group activity to discuss topics related to addiction, therapy process, and recovery.
- Afternoon: a healthy lunch followed by an individual or group therapy session, such as cognitive behavioral therapy, quiet reflection time, sharing of personal stories, family therapy, and specialized sessions.
There may also be other productive programs during the afternoon, such as skills training, educational program, relapse prevention, fitness activities, art therapy, and music therapy.
- Evening: dinner, a short support group meeting to discuss the day or the 12-step treatment program, a time for homework, and bedtime.
- Free time: you’ll be granted an hour or two of free time, which you can spend using the facility’s amenities. You may also use this time for quiet reflection, meditation, or homework.
An inpatient rehab program may also include a medically-assisted detoxification process. If you’re looking for the best inpatient detox in San Fernando Valley, at NorthStar we can help provide you with a safe place to detoxify and recover from addiction.
Will a rehabilitation treatment cure my addiction problems?
Addiction is curable and can be treated by entering a rehab facility. However, it’s important to remember that whatever amount of time, energy, and commitment you put into rehab is what you will get back. This means that your recovery highly depends on how you put everything you learn into practice.
Why does inpatient addiction treatment work better than outpatient?
Typically, a rehabilitation facility may offer two types of treatment categories: an inpatient or outpatient rehab:
- Inpatient residential rehab – this involves a 30 to 90-day stay at the facility to receive 24/7 medical, mental, and emotional support.
- Outpatient rehab – is a part-time and less restrictive treatment program that only requires at least 12 hours per week of treatment sessions. You can still continue your school or work activities during the day.
There’s no one-size-fits-all when it comes to treating and recovering from substance use. Each treatment program may work differently for each patient. But in comparison, inpatient addiction treatment yield far better results than outpatient rehab, especially for patients with severe addiction.
Our inpatient alcohol and drug rehab in San Fernando Valley provides a safe, controlled, and structured environment that every patient needs to overcome addiction to substance use.
Moreover, this type of treatment helps patients break their destructive habits by removing them from the negative environment that they’re currently in. These habits are then replaced by healthy and productive ones that promote healing and recovery.
What happens after my rehab treatment?
Completing your detoxification process and inpatient rehab treatment is a cause for celebration. However, recovery does not stop here. Your true fight is on the outside world, where you can find triggers and temptations everywhere you look.
So, once you return to normal life, you should utilize every learning, technique, and tools that your rehab stay has taught you. You can also seek continuing support programs to help reinforce positive behaviors and healthy habits as you slowly reintegrate into the community. Some examples of support programs may include:
- Regularly attending mental health check-ups.
- Going to an individual therapy
- Seeking a support group.
Some rehab facilities, like NorthStar, also provide aftercare programs to help patients maintain sobriety after discharge.
How to choose the best rehab in San Fernando Valley?
Every rehabilitation facility follows different paths and approaches to treating substance addiction. So, it’s important to choose a rehab center that fits perfectly with your own needs and goals. Here are some tips on what you should look for in an alcohol or drug rehab in San Fernando Valley:
- The facility should specialize in treating your problem, whether it’s an addiction to alcohol, drugs, or prescription medication.
- Look at the treatment programs they offer. It should coincide with your preferences and medical needs.
- The facility should offer the amenities you enjoy.
- The facility’s location should be where you prefer it to be: near your loved ones or far away from your community.
You may talk to your local counselor or primary care provider about their rehab recommendations that will suit your needs. They can help you identify what type of facility or program you need, whether it’s an intensive residential treatment or a facility that caters to inpatient detox in San Fernando Valley.
Why choose NorthStar? How are we different?
NorthStar Detox and Rehab Center provide the highest quality of patient care and treatment program that every client and SUD patient deserves. We conduct a thorough, comprehensive assessment process to fully identify and provide the client’s actual needs.
Our Tarzana rehab center always goes beyond what’s required of most treatment facilities by providing aftercare programs to guide our clients every step of the way. Our responsibility does not end with your discharge; we are with you in the lifelong process of recovery and sobriety.
Some of our facility’s distinct qualities that make us stand out from others throughout the country are as follows:
- Patient-centered treatment
- Owned and operated by physicians
- Employs a fully trained and licensed clinical staff
- Dual diagnosis and treatment
- Provides post-discharge support and follow-up
- Medication-assisted treatment
- Accepts insurance
- Offers quality facilities, services, and programs at an affordable rate
How do we manage drug and alcohol addiction?
One of the few things that set us apart from other treatment facilities is our evidence-based strategies and programs. We only implement medically proven methodologies and holistic approaches for a safe, effective, and long-lasting recovery.
Here are just some of the therapeutic modalities we utilize in our drug and alcohol rehab in San Fernando Valley:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Motivational interviewing
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing
- Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Seeking Safety
- Gestalt Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Narrative Therapy
Our trained and fully licensed team also manages drug and alcohol addiction using specific programs, such as psychoeducation, individual and group therapy, relapse prevention, 12-step recovery meetings, and more.
At Northstar Detox & Rehab Center, we treat all substances, including
We are located in Tarzana, Los Angeles County and are the top choice for substance abuse treatment with a detoxification component.
If you or someone you know would benefit from the services of the best rehab center in San Fernando Valley, then don’t hesitate to contact us now. One of our clinical staff at NorthStar will gladly answer your concerns or walk you through one of our programs.
The material contained on this site is for informational purposes only and DOES NOT CONSTITUTE THE PROVIDING OF MEDICAL ADVICE, and is not intended to be a substitute for independent professional medical judgment, advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with any questions or concerns you may have regarding your health.